Saturday, May 7, 2011

Favorite Memories

Does it count to have a whole year as a favorite memory in high school? My freshman year was the greatest, in a school called Idaho Leadership Academy I learned more that year then I ever have before or after in my life thus far. But if I have to narrow it down to one memory I would probably say the Winter Ball. The Winter Ball was an annual family event held every year by the school. This was an actual ball, not a weird sort of Prom. They had a live band and a hired instructor to give a quick lesson on a few ballroom dances (although the school offered a class and most of the students knew how already)
I had gone a couple times in the past years my siblings had attended the school but this year was my first time as an actual student which made it very special to me. Also, my cousin, Richy, was visiting at the time and I was able to convince him to go. He was surprisingly a good dancer, especially for just learning. It was in early January so the snow outside gave it a special atmosphere. The building it was held at is sort of small but gorgeous, the same place was used for weddings many times. I don't know how many people I danced with, but it was more than expected...I know this all sounds kind of corny, but it was a night I probably wont forget, the school closed down that summer, so that was my last chance for a Winter Ball and it was beautiful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment